Saturday, April 23, 2016
Create tech solutions for social change on Hackaday World Create Day, our worldwide brainstorming session!
We’ll form teams and submit our project ideas to the first round of the 2016 Hackaday Prize.
Form a team (or work on your own) and submit a project to the Hackaday Prize design challenge.
See challenge details here: https://hackaday.io/prize/details#one
~ ~ ~
Need some inspiration for your project? Here are some ideas:
•Citizen Science – Build a graphene supercapacitor, study the effects of a behavior, build an open source instrumentation device.
• Automation – Build a device that makes breakfast or buys laundry detergent when you’re running low. Automatically track stuff, automate any process, build a Me-robot to do your every whim
•Assistive technologies – Build a project that helps others move better, see better, or live better. Whether that means exoskeletons, a better wheelchair, a braille display, or educational software, we want to see it.
• Or any other idea you have to hack for social change! Leverage your talent and find solutions to address technology issues facing humanity today.
~ ~ ~
• 12pm: Introductions, meet n greet,
• 12:30pm: Form teams, brainstorm and create your project proposals. See the other entries here: https://hackaday.io/submissions/prize2016/list
• 2pm: Share ideas in a round of lightning pitches and get feedback from the other teams
• 3pm: Submit your project ideas to the Hackaday Prize design challenge according to https://hackaday.io/prize/details#one
• 4pm: Wrap up and celebrate!
~ ~ ~
What to Bring:
• Your laptop and charger
• Pen and paper
• A brain ready to generate ideas
4/23 Addendum: All Set and ready to go!