CT Hackerspace will be on site for be part of the inaugural Greater Hartford Mini Maker Faire. Enjoy the day and spend some time at our booth to help promote the our community. The Faire has already had 700 people sign up on their website and they anticipate at least 700 more walk-ins, so get ready.
The college is located at: 271 Scott Swamp Road, Farmington, CT · There are four main locations (see map attached). Makers will either be in the 600 building, Founders Hall, the tent, or along the sides of the courtyard (covered by overhangs so no need to worry about rain). I’m also attaching a listing of the makers and the general location where you will be. There may have to be some last minute changes so if you aren’t sure where you are supposed to be, stop by the tickets and registration table which will be outside of Founders Hall.
· You can set up as early as 7 a.m. (Unfortunately there is no forklift at the college but there is a loading dock, and easy access from the parking lot with no steps to contend with.)
· You can park around the back of the buildings but feel free to drive your car up to either the 700 building entrance or the Main entrance for ease of unloading.
· For those of you who have hands-on workshops/exhibits, we ask that you have minors under 18 sign in using the attached liability agreement.
· Boxed lunches will be available beginning at 11 a.m. CT Hackerspace has 2 reserved. They are available in Room 215 which is in the 600 building, just above the stairway on the second level. (we’ll give you a voucher)
· We have enough guest passes for you all if you need to be on WiFi, and we’ll be sure to give you that information.
· If any of you are interested in giving a talk about your exhibit/workshop, there is a small theater in Founders Hall where we can set up a mic and speaker. Just let us know so we can promote your talk.
· There will be volunteer staff helping you should you need anything. Just look for the staff with the lime green t-shirts.